I'm looking for...
School Facilities Information
Open Community Facility Meetings:
Public Presentation 8/14/2019
Deficiencies and Recommendations:
School Building Assessment Summary 2/20/2019
School Building Assessment Full Report 2/20/2019
School Facilities Committee Members:
What does a building condition assessment evaluate?
The building condition assessment report will indicate whether you need to do repairs in the short term, as well as what will be required in the longer term, complete with estimated costs. Specifically, a building condition assessment will evaluate the condition of the following.
- Site and grounds (pavement, curbs, loading docks, walks, landscaping, irrigation, site drainage, exterior lighting, walls, fencing/railings, signage and exterior amenities): Have these components been well maintained or have they been allowed to deteriorate?
- Structural systems (foundations and structural framing of walls, columns, intermediate floors and roofs): Are there cracks in the foundation? Is there any leakage?
- Building envelope (roofing systems, exterior finishes, stairs and steps, exterior doors and windows): How old is the roof and when will it need to be replaced? What is the estimated cost?
- Mechanical systems (electrical, heating ventilation, air conditioning, plumbing and conveyance systems): What is the condition of each system and how much longer will it last?
- Interior building components (interior finishes of common areas and tenant areas): Have these components been updated?
- Regulatory compliance (life safety, fire suppression systems, ADA): Are these systems up to code? Is the building accessable?
- Safety and Security